View this exercise on Fitain
Barbell Seated Tricep Extension (Close Grip)
- Deck Step · Bench · Barbell
1) Sit upright on the bench and plant the feet on the floor - chest up, core tight, back flat and head neutral. If you can adjust the bench seat, lift the back to be at a 90 degree angle. Sit with your back fully supported.
2) Grab the bar with your hands close together. Lift your triceps up towards the ceiling so they're vertical to the floor. Throughout the entire exercise, keep the triceps in place. Bend the elbows behind your head.
1) Slowly extend your arms and push the bar towards the ceiling.
2) Pause at the top and squeeze the triceps. Now, gently lower back to the starting position.