Barbell Sumo Squat
- Barbell · Smith Machine
- Glutes · Quadriceps · Hamstrings · Hip Adductors
1) Stand tall in a wide stance with a slight bend in the knees - point the feet outward slightly. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
2) Hold the bar with a wide overhand grip and place it behind your neck - elbows face down and out.
1) Slowly bend your legs and lower yourself into a squat position. Keep the chest up, core tight, back flat and head neutral.
2) Lower your legs until they’re at least parallel to the floor.
3) Pause for a second at the bottom. Press into the heels and drive back to the starting position.