View this exercise on Fitain
Barbell Sumo Deadlift
- Barbell · Smith Machine
- Hip Adductors · Hamstrings · Glutes · Lower Back · Quadriceps
1) Start with the weight on the floor and face towards it with a wide stance - point the feet slightly outwards. Let your shins almost touch the bar.
2) Hinge forward from the hips, bend your knees and keep the back flat. Grab the bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder width apart.
1) Whilst keeping the back flat and core strong, hinge from the hips and lift the bar off the ground.
2) Drive through your heels and thrust your hips forward until you’re standing - the bar should be past your knees.
3) Pause for a second and bring yourself back to the starting position.