Barbell Power Clean & Press
- Full Body
1) Stand tall with the chest up and core tight.
2) Hinge forward from the hips - push your tailbone back. Grab the barbell with an overhand grip - shoulder width apart.
1) Press into your heels and lift the barbell off the floor.
2) When you reach hip height, thrust the hips forward and lift your heels up from the ground - use this momentum to bring the barbell up higher. As you do this, shrug at the shoulders, keep standing. Swing your elbows forward so your triceps are parallel to the floor and palms facing up. Catch the bar across your shoulders.
3) Once again, bend your knees, drive from the heels and perform an overhead press - push the bar up above your head. Pause for a second at the top.
4) Reverse the movement by first lowering the bar to your shoulders.
5) Once here, point your elbows down which will cause the barbell to swing down. Follow the momentum and aim for the bar to make contact with your thighs.
6) Hinge forward from the hips and lower the bar back dow to the starting position.