Split Squat (Hop)
- Body weight
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes · Calves
1) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
2) With your right leg, take a step forward (about a foot or two). With the left foot, bring the heel up from the floor. The front of the foot should be in contact at all times to give a stable split stance. You won't move from this position.
1) Bend both knees so your right knee is slightly above a 90 degree angle and your left is lower to the ground - the right knee shouldn’t track over the toe and the left should be hovering above the ground.
2) Press into your right heel and jump up. Land on the balls of your feet.
Note: Swing the arms to help with momentum.