Barbell Clean & Jerk
- Full Body
1) Stand tall with the chest up and core tight.
2) Hinge forward from the hips - push your tailbone back. Grab the barbell with an overhand grip - shoulder width apart.
1) Press into your heels and lift the barbell off the floor.
2) When you reach hip height, thrust the hips forward and lift your heels up from the ground - use this momentum and shrug at the shoulders to bring the barbell up higher. As it gets to shoulder level, come under the bar, lift your elbows and catch the bar across your shoulders - your triceps should be parallel to the ground and palms facing up. Come up to standing.
3) Once again, bend your knees, drive from the heels and jump your right leg forward and left leg back. Both knees should be bent, the left leg acts as a supporting leg. As you do this, use this momentum to perform an overhead press by extending your arms upwards. This is an explosive move so be quick with the movements.
4) Come all the way up to standing - still holding the weight over your head. Meet both feet in the middle so they're parallel.
5) Reverse the movement by first lowering the bar to your shoulders.
6) Once here, point your elbows down which will cause the barbell to swing down. Follow the momentum and aim for the bar to make contact with your thighs.
7) Hinge forward from the hips and lower the bar back dow to the starting position.