Barbell Hang Clean
- Full Body
1) Stand tall with the chest up and core tight.
2) Start with the barbell resting around your hips/thighs with an overhand grip - shoulder width apart.
1) Hinge forward from the hips slightly and push your tailbone back.
2) Thrust the hips forward and lift your heels up from the ground - use this momentum to lift the barbell up. As it gets to shoulder level, come under the bar, lift your elbows and catch the bar across your shoulders - your triceps should be parallel to the ground and palms facing up. Come up to standing.
3) Reverse the movement by pointing your elbows down which will cause the barbell to swing down. Follow the momentum and aim for the bar to make contact with your thighs.