- Full Body
1) Stand tall with the chest up and core tight.
2) Hinge forward from the hips - push your tailbone back. Grab the barbell with an overhand grip - shoulder width apart.
1) Press into your heels and lift the barbell off the floor.
2) When you reach hip height, thrust the hips forward and lift your heels up from the ground - use this momentum to bring the barbell up higher. As it gets to shoulder level, come under the bar, lift your elbows and catch the bar across your shoulders - your triceps should be parallel to the ground and palms facing up. Come up to standing.
3) Reverse the movement by pointing your elbows down - this will cause the barbell to swing down. Follow the momentum and aim for the bar to make contact with your thighs.
4) Hinge forward from the hips and lower the bar back down to the starting position.