View this exercise on Fitain
Sit to Stand
- Plyometric Jump Box · Bench · Deck Step
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes
1) Sit on a chair/bench/plyo box with your chest up and core tight.
1) Hinge from the hips and shift your weight to the heels - you should feel your hamstrings and glutes engaged. Push off from the heels and hinge upwards - you should be standing.
2) Pause for a second and lower yourself back to sitting - hinge from the hips and bend your knees. The glutes should make contact with the chair first. Keep the back flat.
Note: For added difficulty, place your hands on opposite shoulders (so they can't assist you).