Barbell Front Squat Heel Elevated
- Quadriceps · Hamstrings · Glutes
1) Place a plate/platform behind you and step your heels on it. The front of the foot should have contact with the floor at all times.
2) Stand tall on the platform with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
3) Hold the bar in front of you so its resting across your shoulders (racked position). Place your fingertips under the bar and lift your elbows up.
Note: You can also rack the bar by placing both hands on opposite shoulders. Whichever way you do it, the elbows must be up.
1) Slowly bend your legs and lower yourself into a squat position. Keep the chest up, core tight, back flat and head neutral.
2) Lower your legs until they’re at least parallel to the floor.
3) Pause for a second at the bottom. Press into the heels and drive back to the starting position.