Barbell Split Squat
- Quadriceps · Hamstrings · Glutes
1) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
2) With your right leg, take a step forward (about a foot or two). With the left foot, bring the heel up from the floor. The front of the foot should be in contact at all times to give a stable split stance. You won't move from this position.
3) Hold the bar with a wide overhand grip and place it behind your neck - elbows face down and out.
1) Bend both knees so your right knee is slightly above a 90 degree angle and your left is lower to the ground - the right knee shouldn’t track over the toe and the left should be hovering above the ground.
2) Press into your right heel and drive back to the starting position.