Dumbbell Swing (Crush Grip)
- Full Body
1) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
2) Hold the dumbbell with both hands by the handle (crush grip).
3) Hinge forward from the hips and bend the knees - keep the back flat and chest up. Start with the weight close to your body.
1) Drive from the hips and swing the dumbbell through your legs up to shoulder height. The endpoint should be you standing with the dumbbell in front of you.
2) Follow the movement pattern and return to the starting position.
Note: this is an all in one movement which requires momentum. That comes from driving the hips forward on the upswing.