Sandbag Clean & Squat
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes
1) Start with the sandbag on the floor and face towards it with a medium stance - shins almost touch the bag.
2) Hinge forward from the hips, bend your knees, back flat and grab the top handles.
1) Whilst keeping the back flat and core strong, hinge from the hips and lift the bag off the ground.
2) Drive through your heels and thrust your hips forward until you’re standing - the bag should be past your knees.
3) Using that momentum, lift your shoulders, bend your elbows and swing the bag towards your body and catch it on your forearms. The palms should be facing forward.
4) Pause for a second and bring yourself to standing.
5) Perform a squat - slowly bend your legs and lower yourself into a squat position. Your legs should be at least parallel to the floor. Keep the chest up, core tight back flat and head neutral.
6) Press into the heels and drive back to standing.
7) Extend the arms down and let the sandbag roll off your forearms.
8) Lower yourself to the start of the deadlift. Keep the back flat at all times.