View this exercise on Fitain
Stability Ball Grasshopper
- Stability Ball
1) Stand a foot or 2 in front of the stability ball with your back facing it.
2) Place your leg behind you and rest it on the ball.
3) Hinge from the hips and place both hands on the floor shoulder-width apart - hands directly under the chest.
4) Bring your other leg on the ball. Engage the core and don't let the hips drop - you should be in a decline plank position.
1) Tuck your feet in and roll the ball to the right - you're aiming for your knees to be on the outside of your right elbow. This will cause a slight twist in your trunk.
2) Reverse the movement so you're back in the starting plank position.
3) Repeat on the other side.
Note: every time you tuck your feet in, breathe out and 'crunch' your core.