View this exercise on Fitain
Dumbbell Seated Y Press
- Dumbbell · Bench · Deck Step · Plyometric Jump Box
1) Sit upright on the bench and plant the feet on the floor - chest up, core tight, back flat and head neutral. If you can adjust the bench seat, lift the back to be at a 90 degree angle. Sit with your back fully supported.
2) The weights should be resting near your shoulders with elbows facing down. As this is an open grip exercise, palms face forward.
1) Slowly extend your arms and push the weights up and out making a 'Y'. Your elbows should be pointing outwards and palms facing forward during the entire exercise.
2) Pause for a second at the top. Now, slowly lower to the starting position - touch your shoulders.