Sandbag Split Squat Shoulder Press (Side to Side)
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes · Shoulders
1) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
2) With your right leg, take a step forward (about a foot or two). With the left foot, slightly pivot outwards to give yourself a stable split stance. You won't move from this position.
3) Grab the sandbag by the side handles.
4) Start with the sandbag resting on one shoulder - elbows facing forward and down. Keep the wrists up - there should be a straight line with the arms and wrists. Don't let them bend backwards.
1) Slowly extend your arms and push upwards - keep a slight bend in the elbows as you reach the top.
2) Near the top, go up and over your head and touch the other shoulder.
3) Bend both knees so your right knee is slightly above a 90 degree angle and your left is lower to the ground - the right knee shouldn’t track over the toe and the left should be hovering above the ground.
4) Press into your right heel and drive back to the starting position. Use this momentum to bring the sandbag up and over to the opposite side.