- Full Body
1) Stand tall with the chest up and core tight.
2) Hinge forward from the hips - push your tailbone back. Grab the barbell with an overhand grip - shoulder width apart.
1) Press into your heels and lift the barbell off the floor.
2) When you reach hip height, thrust the hips forward and lift your heels up from the ground - use this momentum to bring the barbell up above your head. As the bar reaches shoulder height, lower yourself into a squat position. At this point, the bar should be above your head with you lowered in a squat position.
3) Straighten your legs and pause at the top.
4) Reverse the movement by first lowering the bar to your shoulders.
5) Once here, point your elbows down which will cause the barbell to swing down. Follow the momentum and aim for the bar to make contact with your thighs.
6) Hinge forward from the hips and lower the bar back dow to the starting position.