View this exercise on Fitain
Plyo Push Up (Clap)
- Body weight
1) Get in the plank position - start on all fours and extend your legs back behind you. Make your hands wider than shoulder-width apart and have a wide stance with the legs. Keep the core tight, tuck the hips in and aim for a straight line between your head, neck, back and legs.
1) Slowly lower your chest to the ground - make sure your elbows are behind your shoulders. You should feel a stretch in the chest.
2) Once lowered, push the ground away using your triceps with enough force to jump up and become airborne.
3) Once airborne, quickly clap your hands together. Brace yourself for the impact by keeping a slight bend in your knees and elbows.
4) Keep the momentum and lower yourself into the start of the push up.