Plate Deadlift (w/ Press)
- Weighted Plate
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes · Shoulders
1) Start with the plate on the floor and face towards it with a medium stance.
2) Hinge forward from the hips, bend your knees and keep the back flat. Grab the plate with hands either side.
3) Push into the heels and lift the weight off the ground. It should be hovering around your shins.
1) Whilst keeping the back flat and core strong, hinge from the hips and lift the weights off the ground. Drive through your heels and thrust your hips forward until you’re standing - the weights should be past your knees. Lift the weight all the way up until you hit chest level.
2) Bend your elbows and flip the weight towards your body so your thumbs end up underneath - keep the elbows tucked in.
3) Now, perform a shoulder press at the top. Extend your arms and push upwards. Keep a slight bend in the elbows as you reach the top. Pause for a second and slowly lower to chest level.
4) Flip the plate away from you - your thumbs should be over the weight. Extend your arms, hinge from the hips and lower the weight to the starting position.