Dumbbell Split Clean (w/ Press)
- Full Body
1) Start with the weight on the floor in between your legs facing forward.
2) Hinge forward from the hips and grab it by the handle with your right hand - keep the back flat, chest up and core tight.
1) Lift the weight up slightly so it's at shin level.
2) In one movement, drive from your feet and Jump up. Keep low and you're aiming to land in a low lunge - place the left leg in front and the right behind. Both knees should be a 90 degrees - the right shin hovering from the ground with that heel raised. Land on the balls of your feet.
3) As you jump, extend your arm to press the dumbbell above your head.
4) Drive from your left heel and come back to standing. Lower the weight back down to the starting position.
5) Repeat on the other side.
Note: This is a momentum-based move. Steps 2 & 3 are done at the same time.