Dumbbell Sprinter Lunge
- Quadriceps · Hamstrings · Glutes · Shoulders
1) Start with the dumbbell in your left hand - extend your arm and let it hang by your waist.
2) Hinge from the hips and bend your knees. Bring your right foot in front sightly - keep the chest up and core tight.
Note: Look forward throughout the entire movement.
1) Push off from your left foot.
2) Take a step back with your right leg - let the balls of your feet touch the ground first. Bend both knees so your left knee is at a 90 degree angle and your right is parallel to the ground. The left knee shouldn’t track over the toe and the right should be hovering above the ground.
3) As you reverse lunge, use momentum to lift the dumbbell up towards the ceiling. You should be in a low lunge with your arm extended up. Think to get 'under' the weight.
4) Pause for a second, press into your left heel and drive back to standing. Slowly lower the weight - bend your elbow and bring it back down to waist level.
5) Return to the starting position and repeat.
Note: This is a momentum-based move. Steps 2 & 3 are done at the same time.