Squat Internal Rotation
- Body weight
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes · Hip Adductors
1) Start with your feet shoulder width apart, chest up, back flat, core tight with a slight bend in the knees. Point your feet out.
2) Lower yourself into a deep squat. Instead of pushing your tailbone back, aim to get it aligned with the heels of your feet. This will cause your knees to point up and out.
Note: Place your arms in front of you to balance yourself.
1) Shift the weight to your left leg and bring that heel up.
2) Slowly rotate the right leg inwards - aim to get the inside of your foot flat on the floor. This will cause the knee to touch the middle of the ground.
3) Pause for a second and return to the starting position.
4) Repeat on the other side.