Wall Diamond Push Up
- Body weight
1) Stand a foot or 2 in front of a wall and face it.
2) Extend your arms in front of you and lean into the wall - keep a slight bend in your elbows. Your arms should be directly in front of your chest and shoulder width apart. There should be a straight line between your head, neck, back and legs.
3) Move your hands closer together and aim to create a triangle/diamond between your thumbs and fingers. This will cause your elbows to face outwards slightly.
Note: this is only a slight lean. Adjust your position by stepping your feet towards or further away from the wall.
1) Keep your feet in place as you dip yourself towards the wall - you should feel a stretch around your chest.
2) Pause for a second. Now, 'push up' (as if you're pushing the wall away) back to the starting position. Squeeze your chest here.
Note: aim for the 'diamond' to meet your lower chest.