Kettlebell Step Up (Racked One Arm Knee Drive)
- Kettlebell · Deck Step · Bench
- Quadriceps · Hamstrings · Glutes
1) Place the bench/step length-wise on the floor.
2) Rest the weight in front of your chest with the elbow tucked in (racked position). Keep the shoulders down and wrists up - the lats should be engaged.
3) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
Note: Don't let the wrists bend back. You can hold your other arm out to balance yourself.
1) Shift the weight to your left leg and step your right foot on the step.
2) Press into your right heel and drive up. In one movement, swing your left knee up so you have a right angle in the knee and hip.
3) Pause for a second at the top. Swing your left leg back behind you to the floor. Let the balls of your feet touch the ground first. Bend your right knee to lower yourself down.
4) Once your left foot makes contact with the floor, shift your weight to that leg and step your right foot off the platform to the starting position.