Mini Band Sit to Stand (One Leg)
- Mini Resistance Band · Plyometric Jump Box · Bench · Deck Step
- Hamstrings · Quadriceps · Glutes
1) Place both feet through the band and rest it above your knees.
2) Sit on a chair/bench/plyo box with your chest up and core tight. Lift one leg up so it doesn't touch the floor.
Note: The raised leg should not make contact with the floor throughout the entire exercise.
1) Hinge from the hips and shift your weight to the heel - you should feel your hamstrings and glutes engaged. Push off from the heel and hinge upwards to standing - your other leg should still be raised.
2) Pause for a second and lower yourself back to sitting - hinge from the hips and bend your knee. The glutes should make contact with the chair first. Keep the back flat.
Note: For added difficulty, place your hands on opposite shoulders (so they can't assist you).