View this exercise on Fitain
Side Leg Lift w/ Step Up
- Deck Step
- Hip Abductors
1) Place a step/bench/platform on the floor and stand a foot beside it.
2) Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees. Keep the chest up, core and glutes tight.
1) Take a side step onto the platform - one foot should be full on and the other handing down.
2) Raise the hanging foot to the side until you feel a stretch. Lower it back to the starting position (hovering of the ground).
3) Still with the hanging foot, step off to the original position - bring the second foot in.