1) Start with the sandbag in front of you on the floor.
2) Get in a wide stance (feet about a foot or two apart) and point both feet towards the sandbag. The heels of both feet should align.
3) Shift the weight to your left leg and bend that knee at a near 90 degree angle - the right leg should be fully extended. If your stance isn't wide enough, adjust your position at this point.
4) Twist your trunk to face the left leg. Hinge from the hips, grab the handles and lift the bag up.
1) Use momentum to swing the sandbag up and across your body. As you reach half way, pivot both feet, lift the left heel up and turn in the opposite direction. The endpoint should be you standing with the sandbag over your right shoulder.
2) Pause at the top. Now, reverse the movement back to the starting position.